Arnie Beswick

To: Land-speed@autox.team.net (Landspeed)
Subject: Arnie Beswick
From: bobbyhotrods@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 01:18:16 +0000
I had an email conversation with Bob Wanner about Arnie "the Farmer" Beswick,
who's a friend of a friend.
Not too long ago Arnie was badly burned in his drag car; his firesuit was old
and the fire started at speed. He did a long stay in the hospital and survived,
but was disfigured. Worse, he had no medical insurance and did not recieve
subsequent therapy to regain full use of his hands. At 73 or so, this great
racer can race no more.
Bob Wanner noted that if Anthony Hopkins can make a movie about Burt Munro,
someone might want to document Arnie's life and career. Drag racing's
popularity with fans is way up, and God knows Arnie must have a wealth of
stories.
If anyone knows any authors or screenwriters, they might want to get in touch
with Arnie. I'm sure he'd rather have a royalty check than charity. I don't
have his address but I can get it....Bob Jepson in Boston