Re: 100% Nitro

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 100% Nitro
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 23:31:16 -0400
Elon - From my BBC A/FD experience in the 60's it was lazy with 11.3:1 and
came to life with 12.5:1 (as much as I could get with 438 ci) - It ran the
best with 56 deg spark lead - It was a little hard on ring lands but I assumed
it wouldn't have been with less spark lead - As far as I know the guys with
the small block A/FDs tuned about the same - Could never see much speed
difference between 75% and 98% and because the specific gravity drops with
increased temperature you never see 98% on the hydrometer - Some people
factored their hydrometer readings for the temperature but when 98% expands
and reads 88% you need a leaner jet anyway - Nitro is good stuff - Best smell
in the world .