maxton-what a weekend!!!!

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: maxton-what a weekend!!!!
From: Scott Cowle <scowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 14:29:38 -0400
   Well, we got home about 1:30pm  Monday after a great drive up hwy 77&79 .
The car's performance,hence mine as well, was dismal at best-the alternator
shorted out ,burning up wires under the dash. The nitrous failed again and
for the last time-I'm trashing it, and on the last pass for us I did a big
burn out leaving the starting line,just for laughs and now can't get third
gear,but more importantly than all this was it was the best time I've had
down there since my first year there. Confused??? It is really simple-1) the
car ran poorly but we'll get it right for next year. 2) The people who
volunteered their time to run this whole race are tremendous. 3) Everyone we
came in contact with was so friendly , once again proving , that Americans
are amongst the best hosts anywhere in the world and if any of you ever
visit the Toronto area you have a place to stay for sure . I am just blown
away by the generousity displayed. At least half a dozen people offered help
when our nitrous feed line popped on Friday as we were testing the system.
We got a new one in Lumberton at a great speed shop there.And SNART racing
is the best-thanks for the food and help Darrin.I have to wait for another
year to come back down there but you know I've never come away so motivated
as I feel right now. I hope you all got home safe and the October meet is a
hugh success. Thank you one and all on behalf of myself and my friend Jim,
who got his C license.
                                                  Scott Cowle, #441 The " EH
" Team