Hello again to everyone

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Hello again to everyone
From: gfp61@mindspring.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:38:13 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
Just wanted to reconnect with all you LSR people again. I've been on and off
this list for a couple of years now--mostly off--but I'm happy to say that the
Pinto LSR Wagon project continues to live!

The car had been parked outside for about a year (it's an '80 wagon), but I
finally managed to rent a good-sized two-car garage (if you've never lived in
NYC, you might not be able to imagine the space hassles involved), and the
deconstruction has finally begun. I'll try to post some pics (either here or on
landracing.com) of my progress when I can....

The plan, in any case, is to run the car in C/CGALT. The engine's a pretty
straightforward 306--it's an '86 or '87 roller block bored .030 over, with
stock crank and rods (but with ARP hardware), KB hyper flat-tops, E7TE heads
that I'm porting myself for 1.94/1.60 valves, and a Ford Motorsports Vic Jr.
intake. Cam, carb, etc. are yet to be determined, but the cam will definitely
be a solid roller. I'm also planning to run a crank-trigger ignition system.

So the push is on! Not quite sure of the schedule, though--maybe Maxton in '05
and Speedweek in '06? Anyway, keep all the posts and good info coming...it's
great to be back.

Gary from Brooklyn