Diff Lube

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Diff Lube
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 16:12:53 -0700 (PDT)
I'm changing gears for El Mirage in Nov. (Corvette
posi) and invite comments and opinions as to the gear
lube - keep in mind in is QUITE cold in November... GM
calls for it's own brand, which is 80-90 wt, plus 2 oz
of positraction lube. I have plenty of Red Line 75-90
synthetic on hand - (for some reason GM doesn't like
it as they will void your warrenty if they find it in
your car) I have used that in other cars for years.
Since the Vette still has the IRS, it is not a good
idea to warm the fluid on a stand like stright axle
cars.... Any ideas?
Ed