Re: Eco Perception - today's reality

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Eco Perception - today's reality
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 11:05:24 EST
"The BYU applied technology students have made some good runs with their  EV1
at the Las Vegas Electric Nationals.  They (along with something  like 40
other schools) were given the car by GM minus a motor or  controller.  The CD
on the car is something like .17 and they were going  to try it on the salt"

The GM Evo was rated by GM at .19 CD, due mostly it's lack of front end
vents as would be necessary in an Otto cycle engined car. I still feel it's a
bit
optimistic as the car has a very upright windshield and has the some frontal
area as my Insight which is rated at .25  CD. I tried to get a cast-off EVO
for my GT project, but GM trashed them all, except for a few donated to mostly
 educational/research institutions.
Bob, mostly GREEN car #343, Wanner
PS HAPPY  HALLOWEEN>>>>>EEEK,,SCREECH..WOOO...AARGHH