the ECTA... and John Beckett

To: <ECTALSR@yahoogroups.com>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: the ECTA... and John Beckett
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 05:24:19 -0600
This has always been John Beckett's deal.... his baby... and he has done an
exceptional job of giving us a place to go land speed racing on the east
coast...  and before anything further is said.... all of us that have raced
there owe him thanks.... it's been a tremendous effort on his part... so
John.... again I thank you for your efforts over the last 11 years... you have
been a good friend to the sport and have earned a place in the sports
history.

I guess the nicest compliment we can really pay John is to say.... geez what
you have done here is really cool.... and worthy of an investment on our part
to continue and perpetuate what you have done in the past.  Joe and I are
doing just that... we aren't as much buying the ECTA as we are the equipment
and name and simply forming a new Not for Profit corporation that is owned by
the racers themselves.  We are just the instruments that will allow a smooth
and continuous transition to a membership owned organization.

Keith Turk