RE: Ladder Frame diagonal cross brace welding.

To: "J I Waldron" <jwaldron47@earthlink.net>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Ladder Frame diagonal cross brace welding.
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 12:42:20 -0600
Jim;

Welcome to the exasperating world of round tubing. Cutting & welding
round or oval tube intersections is a nightmare (at least it is for me)
and that's the reason most folks stick to square or rectangular tubing
for chassis fabrication. Round tubing has a theoretical advantage but
that is overshadowed by its practical fabrication difficulties.

Sometimes you just cant get 100% weld coverage; gussets help spread the
load over a wider area and they can make up for less than complete 360
degree welded joints.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ