SEMA Show ... part 2

To: Ed Van Scoy <ed@vetteracing.com>,
Subject: SEMA Show ... part 2
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 07:24:36 -0700
It's eye candy, eye candy, eye candy as far as you can see.  Adult toy show
of the automotive variety with a bit of skin tossed in, mostly around the
tire and import tuner displays.  I bought "50 Years of Rod & Custom" and
"Hot Rod Chronicle" in the book section.  Groaned for the rest of the day at
my stupidity for buying heavy books I had to lug around ... but they're both
fun browsing now I'm home.

The celebrity watching was fun.  Lots of faces to go with names you know
like Wally Parks who spoke at a breakfast that was open to all attendees.
We opted for breakfast at our hotel's buffet with Dale Pulju and Larry
(Mayf) Mayfield.  Their company was great if the star quality wasn't quite
the same.  Nice of them to get up early and travel in from Pahrump for the
occasion.  I saw Andretti and Petty signing autographs.  Thom Taylor signing
his book.  Many other "names" just crusin'' the show on tired feet from all
the miles of walking you really want to do because there's something neat
around every divider.

If you can arrange to go to the show you really should.  Next year it's Nov.
1-4.  Early registration is $10.  You need a business card showing an
automotive connection, (another $10 from Vista Print for 250, your own
racing team's name), and ID to show you are who you claimed to be when you
pick up your credentials/badge and holder.  One guy I went with would find
some young, well endowed thing, slip the lanyard from his badge holder into
a pocket and get her to put a new one around his neck as he sniffed her
perfume.  Don't know why I hang around characters like that! LOL!  Housing
is up to you but there are plenty of rooms in the area, if that includes the
California/Nevada border area on I-15.  You could wallpaper a house with the
free posters to say nothing of the pen supply you could acquire.

Wes