ECTA

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: ECTA
From: "Scott Cowle" <SCowle@mentorcollege.edu>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 2004 11:29:22 -0500
I do not often feel qualified to comment as I only race once a year at
Maxton and so have only been there 5 times since I started land speed
racing in 2000.I have enjoyed each experience immensely and this is
primarily because of the response from the participants and those who
run the show. I've said all this before. I t seems to me if you will
allow an outsiders perspective that what you have there is fantastic in
every respect and as long a s the focus remains on having fun and not
becoming too zealous about the records then it will remain fun for
everyone. The tech inspections have as far as I can see been more for
safety than catching cheaters-I like this because we respect each other
for our integrity and ingenuity.A few will abuse it but it doesn't spoil
the whole effort.I go and race and the last two years have been on track
disasters for me but I enjoyed my time anyways because of people like
Joe Roberts and Joe Timney and John Beckett and Keith and the Waddell
Bros,and Darrin and on and on and on. As the ECTA grows I hope there
will always be a place for and respect accorded to the little guy as
there is for the big race efforts because we all don't have the same
budget but we do have the same desire. Thank you John Beckett for your
efforts-your organization allowed me to race a dream-LSR.

Scott