RE: IC Theory Book

To: "Dave Dahlgren" <ddahlgren@snet.net>, "3liter"
Subject: RE: IC Theory Book
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:34:31 -0600
List;

I'll second Dave's recommendation of MathCAD. It's a really nice piece
of software; you don't need to be a math whiz or computer geek to use it
and it's relatively intuitive.

The later versions are ridiculously expensive; somewhere along the line
the bumped the price WAY up but you can often find earlier versions on
eBay for under $50.

One thing I used MathCAD for was to plot speed vs RPM curves for various
combinations of tire size, R&P ratio, and trans ratios. You can add a
factor for slip if you wish; ditto for tire expansion, etc.

If you find an equation in a textbook you can type it into MathCAD and
get an answer. It does all of the complex math for you.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ