More on the "ol' Blue Hair legend"

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: More on the "ol' Blue Hair legend"
From: W S Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 21:44:30 -0700
As many of you are aware, Keith picked up a biker with a blown tire on his
way to the salt four years ago.  The guy had called me looking for some help
to get to the salt with his bike without losing several days waiting for
another tire.  I put him in touch with Keith who went some distance out of
his way to pick the guy up in Texas somewhere.  Turns out the biker, J. T.
Nesbitt, has blue hair, is well known in biker circles and sings pretty well
in the Frank Sinatra style.  He kept Keith awake with his vocalizing on the
long stretches at night and they made it safely to Salt Lake City.  J. T.
was able to get a new tire and he arrived on the salt not too many hours
after Keith.

Well, he has kept in touch with Keith off and on since then, sending some
drawings and photos of bikes he is designing and building.  I've been in on
some of the exchanges and photos so I had an idea about what he was doing.
Apparently they were on the salt for Bub's meet because I found photos on
page 88 of the new Robb Report Motorcycling Special Holiday Issue.  There's
also a two page ad on the inside front cover for the company building the
bikes, Confederate Motorcycles.

The upshot is he lives!  He's productive!  He's turning out some beautiful
bikes!  They would have qualified for the 130 Club at World of Speed.  No
word on his singing career however.  Nice article.  It's fun to get the
update.

Wes