RE: STreamliner question.

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: STreamliner question.
From: BWANA343@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 15:36:50 EST
"with a shorter vehicle, it can be surmised that
the air is likely  "less" attached, how would one
think that they could now "direct" that less  attached
air at a more aggressive degree??"

Especially when you do the  math and see the overall length necessary to
facilitate never exceeding 6  degrees. The catch 22 is more surface area by
sticking with the formula, or  possibly drag inducing air turbulance by
abreviating
the body. That's what makes  this interesting, me thinks.
On a less heady vein, I nominate Keith Turk for "thread of the Year" for  the
1st car  question !
Webmaster, send him a T-shirt !.........Bob W