Hot Rod again?

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Hot Rod again?
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 10:52:55 -0600
I just got my copy of January's issue... and there Finally is the article that
so many of us worked our butts off on....

On Pg. 45 DF actually gave me the only statement I really wanted to make...
That this was the most legit Magazine car ever...

I mean that... Freiburger built and tuned what has turned out to be a
wonderful engine... the car.. is remarkably stock... down to and including the
ratty door panels...  it's not some high brow " you can't built it " deal...
it's my old junk Camaro and a ton of work by some great friends...

This is exactly the way it oughta be...

Thanks Dave for capturing in words what it was like in our lives for those
three months...

Keith and Tonya Turk

I posted this on the Hot Rod Magazine Message board.  For those  that haven't
been as involved in the sport it's hard to understand the passion that is
required to get it done...  David F gets it and wrote it just exactly the way
it oughta have been done...

There is tremendous pride for me seeing my junk in Hot Rod... but honestly I
was proudest of what we accomplished... all you guys know how hard I worked at
setting a record with the wrong car and wrong motor.... To Dahlgren's credit
we got it almost there....   The new car has all the right things ( and
getting a few more up in Detroit )... it's a lot of fun... but it's not what
your average guy can build...  this one is and thanks to David our sport is
once again being presented in a positive light to the general hot rodding
public....

Hope you all enjoy it....

Keith