stick welding

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: stick welding
From: LGMCAFEE@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:58:23 EST
Keith what kind of welding machine are you using, I mean is it a AC welder
or DC. If you are running an AC the 6011 rod is right but if you are running a
DC the 6010 is a good all around rod 1/8 dia is good. On DC you need to be
on reverse polarity for stick, straight polarity for tig on carbon steel and
stainless. On the heat range go up in steps of about 10 amps until you have
what  looks right to you. On metal that is clean 7018 works good with a 3/32
dia
rod,  this will deposit about the same amount of weld as a 1/8 6010. I never
did like  to run stick on AC there is a lot of splatter and the penetration is
less.
Good luck
Larry Mac