Re: OT: Internet Connections

To: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: OT: Internet Connections
From: "Jon E. Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 14:02:42 -0500
On Sunday, December 26, 2004, at 01:50 PM, DrMayf wrote:

> Well, here it is for the second day in a row...my high speed and low
> speed
> dial-up connections are running at glacial speeds. I have 2 ISP one
> dial up
> and the other broadband. The broad band is currently running at 4.4kbs
> (yes,
> 4400 bits per second) which is 1/6th of my dial up speed when it was
> working. It also is now running at some rediculous speed...
>
> Is this a local phenomina of are any of you all heving the same
> problems?
>
> mayf, off planet in Pahrump...

It's all coming in slicker than soap on a doorknob up here in the Great
White North, where our season snowfall total passed 6 feet last night.
No slow service. . .on my community-wide broadband wireless link.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)