Re: Building The Car... and various comments

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Building The Car... and various comments
From: wester6935@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:17:23 +0000
I'm wondering if Keith has been sniffing that model glue only "adults"
are allowed to buy here in Utah.  Does bring to mind the redneck jokes
about famous last words.  I thought that a good ol' boy from
California would somehow have immunity from those tricks or at least
Tonya would whack some common sense into that hard head.  She
certainly was able to convince him to do the smartest thing he has
done in the last few years ... marry her.

mayf, good luck on speeding up your internet ... maybe some nitrous
could help speed things up ... but you know the stories about Lucas
electricals, when you see smoke the electricity has leaked out.
Wondering if you saw something like that on your phone connection?
Could be it caught the bugs from your British car.  At your current
speed I could send some clips that would tie your system up until next
August and you would be laughing until next Christmas after seeing
them.  Are Gary, Dale or Skip having similar problems?

Glen, My step-brother will be coming through Washington County in a
couple of weeks looking for a place to settle.  He's moving out of
Texas, has some relatives of his wife's in your area and doesn't mind
Summer heat.  After reading the article in the local Salt Lake paper
about that area needing a water pipeline to accommodate the demand I'm
trying to convince him to settle a bit to the North, like 280 plus
miles.  He's a powder skiier so he really should be within easy
driving distance of Alta.

Jonathan, I had a very long distance chat with a friend in Samoa
today.  He's picking me up in a couple of weeks when he gets back to
the States and we're heading to Denver for the National Livestock
Show.  Being moderately stupid on cattle breeds I'm likely to get a
crash course.  Sort of like a non-gearhead at SEMA.  I doubt we'll be
in town long enough to touch base with you but I'm taking your phone
number along just in case.  I'm wanting to visit my old friend, Neil
East, at Colorado Car Books in Englewood.  Local bookstores are not
very well supplied and the SEMA Bookstore collection isn't quite what
I want either. Just hoping I can find something interesting that I
don't have.

Hope everyone had a good Christmas ... we did.  Polly, my wife, was
given a clean bill of health after her colon cancer surgery and
chemotherapy this last year.  From identification on 12/16/03, surgery
two weeks later and 32 weeks of chemo to another colonoscopy on the
14th of this December, it has been rather nervous around here.
Luckily she is cancer free as nearly as tests and observation can
tell.  In fact I have to go back for another colonoscopy before she
does.  If any of you are not current on check ups, DO IT TOMORROW.
It's so easy to be sure.

Everyone, have a Happy New Year!

Wes