Re : Dzus Spacing

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re : Dzus Spacing
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 14:07:25 -0500
Dave and Mayf - If air pressure makes a  flat panel bulge 1/8" over a 13" span
no yielding has occured - All alloys of alumimum are equaly elastic so if the
panels were 1100 or 7075 they would both bulge the same amount - I hate to
double the number of Dzus buttons so I think riveting a stiffener on the
inside is the best - Was just wondering what button spacing others would use
in this area of low pressure - Dave I daily use my copy of Machinerys Handbook
but I have better information on propertys of metals .