Rose Parade, Revisited...

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Rose Parade, Revisited...
From: "DrMayf" <drmayf@teknett.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2005 17:27:33 -0800
Well, we are back...didja see me? Didja? Didja...not I thought not... We
were at Harkness and Colorado.  Blasted out here and made it to Pismo,
crashed in the motel, jumped up before the chickens got up, caught a tour
bus which made stops in Santa MAria, Buelton, and Goleta. Then on to the
Airtel Hoten in Van Nuys. Nice place right next to the high roller aircraft
(free tie downs...)..spent new years night there. Got up again before the
chickens and the bus headed for Pasadena. The last mile is a killer... but
the bus pulleld into a parking lot just behind the parade route and had to
walk maybe a hundred yards to the bleachers. First row, un obstructed view.
Rainless although there were clouds all around. B2, F15C and F16 made a
flyover. Parade came by...best part was the faces of the kids participating
in it! For many this is the high point of their lives for now and ever. Was
amazed however, all the floats looked smaller than they do when on TV.
Obvious that it takes a lot to put this show on and the folks down there can
be very proud of their efforts. Cal Tech (JPL) took a big prize but my old
school missed the cut... We just got home. 20 mpg in the diesel trucking
along at 70 75 mph usually bucking a headwind (going) and it is all up hill
on the way back. Was sorta laughing at the I 15 parking lot leaving out of
Las Vegas. It was 10 mph or so at Baker and the radio said that that was the
condition all the way in...we get off in BAker and take the back way to
Pahrump...

To all my old friends and to new one I have yet to meet, please have a safe
and happy 2005! I have made a resolution to not do too much analysis or
farkeling with email, so unrequested responses will be in short supply ( I
hardly say much anyway...) Oh and I promise to loose another 50 pounds by
December....

mayf, off planet in Pahrump.