Re: honda

To: "Steve Pitt" <stpitt@zipcon.net>, <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: honda
From: "John Beckett" <saltracer@servusa.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 16:33:27 -0500
Steve

Haven't done much to the Honda itself lately. Working on a move and a job
change. But I have been collecting parts for a new turbo motor. Don't know a
whole lot about turbos so it's quite a learning curve for me.  The blown
record is actually about 7 MPH less than the NA record so I think I may have
a shot at it if I don't melt the pistons or something.

Also working on a deal for a NASCAR Dodge motor. Would get me to the salt
this year with a decent chance at the record and give me a little more time
to climb the learning curve on the turbo motor.

Planning for some paint on the Honda in the next month or two and hopefully
a test session at Maxton by April.

Emily was really excited about her runs at Bonneville. Her first time to the
salt and she managed a 188 MPH best and a "B" license by weeks end. Would
like to get her back in the car this year for a chance at the Two Club, but
work and such may put that off, we'll see.

JB