Re: Ground Effects

To: land-speed@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ground Effects
From: John Goodman <ggl205@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2005 18:28:33 -0800 (PST)
Thomas:

It is my opinion that you can have too much ground
effect for an LSR car. Ideally (here again just my
opinion) the only ground effect you are after is that
amount that kills lift and about 100-200 lbs
additional for traction. anything above this and you
increase rolling resistance and place unwanted stress
on the tires.

BTW, I very much like the idea used here. Very
efficient and treats air under the car properly. It
can even be used to move CP rearward without a need
for a rear stabilizer.

John Goodman

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250