THAT Hot Rod Magazine

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: THAT Hot Rod Magazine
From: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 08:00:38 -0500
Keith, Tonya, David and List

At Last.

The January issue of Hot Rod was on the top shelf of the newstand today.

Knowing that David's article about the Camaro at Bonneville was inside I
reached up to get a copy.  I was then worried to find it was encased in a
sealed plastic cover ...........was there a possibility that its contents
were Triple X rated?...... even the regular top shelf magazines on the
other side of the stand lack plastic sleeves these days!  But no, this
issue of HRM was pure automotive coverage and the Bonneville salt flats
shots have re-kindled the desire to return there - its over 5 years now.
(And there was a front engined digger featured inside as well .... sheer
bliss).

Congratulations to all concerned in the '04 project.

Here's hoping the team of So Al and Hot Rod do get a shot at over 200 in
the dirt at El Mirage with the Camaro.  Perhpas the "Girly" tag will have
to be dropped now that four miles a minute has been broken.

And I cannot forget the generosity of KT in loaning the same car to Don
Wales for the ECTA meet in late September '01 for his licence passes.  And
KT thrashed day and night to re-create a working vehicle after a catalogue
of misfortune at Speed Week the month before.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England.  (Where it is raining, which may not be a
surprise)