Non-LSR

To: Land Speed <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Non-LSR
From: "Thomas E. Bryant" <saltracer@awwwsome.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:30:29 -0800
List,

I have had the following on my wall for years and was just rereading it
when it occurred to me that this could just as easily end with "a Land
Speed Racer".

I CHOOSE NOT TO BE A COMMON MAN

It is my right to be uncommon...if I can.

    I seek opportunity...not security. I do not wish to be a kept
citizen, humbled and dulled by having the state look after me. I want to
take the calculated risk; to dream and to build, to feel and to succeed.

    I refuse to barter incentive for a dole.

    I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence: the
thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of utopia.

    I will not trade freedom for beneficence nor my dignity for a handout.

    I will never cower before any master nor bend to any threat.

It is my heritage to stand erect proud and unafraid; to think and act
for myself; enjoy the benefits of my creations and to face the world
boldly and say, this I have done. All this is what it means to be

AN AMERICAN

Tom, Redding CA - #216 D/CC