SCTA/BNI as World Record Authority

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: SCTA/BNI as World Record Authority
From: "MPittwood@compuserve.com" <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 09:20:29 -0500
List

I have posted a topic on the landracing.com website on the latest LAN
article available from that site about the FIA and World Record Authority.

The article in 'Fuel for Thought' is flawed in its attack on the
organisation known as the FIA.  And who could see the SCTA/BNI being a
World Authority, if they time only automobiles on one track in Utah in the
USA?

My fire extinguisher is next to the firesuit .......  but to debate a topic
the information presented must be accurate and even handed.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England,

(I am not a spokesperson for the FIA.  I just organise events to their
rules and procedures and race with one of their licences).