non-lsr PayPal payment update

To: <land-speed@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: non-lsr PayPal payment update
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 08:48:17 -0800
Previously we'd discussed whether one could pay from a PayPal account with
one's credit card as an option.  I was not able to use this option as long as
I had any PayPal account balance, which I usually do.  Per PayPal's canned
response to my inquiry:

This section also includes a blue link titled 'More Funding Options'.

         7   This link allows the PayPal member that is initiating the
payment to choose a different funding method. PLEASE NOTE: If the payment
details page is edited, the funding source will return to the default
method of payment

         7   If your PayPal balance is sufficient enough to cover the
payment, the only option that will be provided will be an eCheck

         7   If approved, PayPal Buyer Credit will also be a funding option

         7   Your credit card will only be available if your PayPal balance
will not cover the entire payment

         7   Available Redemption Codes will be a funding option when
purchasing an eBay item

So, I guess you've gotta clear out your account first if you want to use a
cc...
Usually their system works fine, but some things sure gall me.
Benn