RE: VWs in LSR

To: "'Bryan Savage'" <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: VWs in LSR
From: "Rick Yacoucci" <turborick@turborick.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 13:57:50 -0800
 Hmmmm.......???????

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-land-speed@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-land-speed@autox.team.net] On Behalf Of Bryan Savage
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2005 12:39 PM
To: Dick J
Cc: dan warner; land speed

Dick,
VW's had the same problem at Boneville that all air-cooled cylinder head
engines have. They can't keep the exhaust valve cool enough. That limits
the power in an endurance  motor to about 1 HP per cubic inch or less.

Bryan

Dick J wrote:

> I guess I'm going through a retro-time regression or something and
recently started playing with an old VW motor.  Remember how VWs and dune
buggies where everywhere in the late 60s and early 70s?  Did any of those
things show up on the salt or lakes back then?  Anybody got any LSR VW
stories?