Re: Aero Question

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Aero Question
From: "todd" <todd@twinjugs.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 21:14:07 +0000
If this is a guessing game(which I don't see how it could be anyhting
else)... mine would be that the car woud be a negative 15mph faster as
there's no longer a tear shape to the top of it(like comparing a ball and a
brick?). In other words, I don't think the the loss of frontal area would
overcome the drag created.
TD

> > > Let's say you have a 76 Corvette roadster that's running 165mph with
the top up.  If you reduce the frontal area by approx 1200 sq in by removing
the top and windshield and putting a tonneau over the open cockpit, how much
faster will the car be with everything else remaining the same?