RE: steering/suspension question - caster

To: James Tone <James.Tone@AES.com>, Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>,
Subject: RE: steering/suspension question - caster
From: Ed Van Scoy <edvs@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:20:10 -0800 (PST)
8 degrees sounds more reasonable to me too. In fact,
that is what I am running in my Vette. I'm not sure
you are gonna be happy with Harley springs on the
front... You didn't say what model harley, but they
are designed for about 1000 lbs, and I would think
they might bottom out on you. The spring diameter is
about one-half of Koni's or a comparable coil-over.
They are also reletively short (which might be a good
thing depending on application) but they will also
lack the "tunability" of a larger spring. I am using
550# springs..... I'm sure the Harley springs won't
come close to this. I'm sure others here would know
more....
Ed

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250