Step Pans and Secondary Flooring

To: lsr list autox <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Step Pans and Secondary Flooring
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 14:57:05 -0800 (PST)
I'm building a 1953 Studebaker to run as a Classic/Altered/Coupe.  I have the
step pan in place.  The frame is constructed so that it is exactly as wide as
the body and when the body is in place, there is no opening to the outside.

1.  Is there any reason to put secondary flooring anywhere inside the car
except between the drivers seat and firewall?

2.  Since the transmission is completely above the step pan, do I have to put a
secondary floor hump over the transmission? If not, I would put a total shield
around the U-Joint.  I'm using a Hurst transmisison shield around the
transmission.  Of course, I have a hoop around the driveshaft.

Dick J

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!