RE: Turbonique for Terrific Torque ........

To: <FastmetalBDF@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>, <JackFB1320@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Turbonique for Terrific Torque ........
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 14:34:37 -0600
Bruce;

I had lunch yesterday with Red Greth and asked him about that rear
engine turbine car. He said that AiResearch did help out with the car.
They used three turbine starters from a Boeing 707 on a custom- machined
adapter plate! Yes, it was too quiet-- it wasn't popular on the
exhibition circuit for that very reason. Red sold the car to Evil Knevil
years ago and doesn't know where it is today.

No kidding-- I know its April First but this is really TRUE.

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ