Re: Golden Rod

To: DrMayf <drmayf@teknett.com>
Subject: Re: Golden Rod
From: Bryan Savage <b.a.savage@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:31:57 -0700
mayf,

This is what I heard.
They had a sponsor contract with a toy company. After their 409 record the
company went into immediate production of a model with a 409 mph record
banner in the box. They didn't want the record changed.
They, the toy company, stopped the return run with the air scoops and the
car went on the  show circuit.

This story sounds possible, I'll try to remember to ask Bill Sommers the next
time I see him.

Bryan