Electric LSR - Bonneville 100

To: Land Speed List <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric LSR - Bonneville 100
From: M Pittwood <MPittwood@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:29:42 -0400
List

Some of the comments made about the Primetime LSR attempt already
demonstrate how the possibility/probability/likelihood (pick any one) of
two bodies claiming World governance over the LSR mile and kilo records
will cause chaos and will lead to the world's media not knowing which way
to turn for information.

The Primetime team operating the car 'ABB e=motion' have always applauded
the efforts of the Buckeye Bullet team in both forms (BNI Int and SCTA) of
their National Land Speed Records.  Contact is maintained between the two
drivers by e mail.

However Primetime are not able to run under SCTA/BNI governance on this
attempt - we are near the salt but not running on it!  The team will run to
the ACCUS/FIA operating rules and their record to beat is 245 mph - ask Pat
Rummerfield if he still holds an International LSR.  The FIA have not yet
been asked to recognise a 300 mph record speed in the electric motor
classes to their operating procedures, so this team hopes to be the first.

Clearly the differences between the FIA and any other governing body do get
diluted on press releases and websites.  I can assure Jon that here in
England and at ABB offices around the world the speeds of all electric
vehicles have been studied and are understood.  The key message is that we
are following operating procedures that were established by the first
electric powered LSR vehicles in France.

(Now that should get you all talking - but I will not be at the PC later to
hear the abuse - see as many as possible in Maxton).

The vehicle ABB e=motion runs in the heavyweight class at well over 1000kg
without the driver.

It was thanks to a suggestion from Ed that contact was made with MKM Racing
Promotions last year and we obtained full support to be on 'their track'
ahead of the Bonneville 100 event.

Malcolm Pittwood, Derby, England