RE: Interesting Car

To: <hoxiepoo@cox.net>
Subject: RE: Interesting Car
From: "Albaugh, Neil" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:00:04 -0500
Chris;

You'll have to go over to "Area 51" in Nevada for UFO salvage; we're
left with mere aircraft & missile stuff here in Tucson.

Way back when I was stationed at Redstone Arsenal, in Huntsville,
Alabama, there was a really exotic salvage yard there. Stuff sold for
either 20 cents or 50 cents a pound, depending on its category. I bought
4 four-cylinder two-stroke McCulloch drone engines, a Nike missile
rocket engine, and various other goodies. There were all sorts of stuff
there-launch panels for Jupiter missiles, internal components of German
V-2 rockets, etc.

Around here there are a few salvage yards left but not nearly as many as
when I first moved here in 1970. Some good stuff is still available now
and then, though. Are there any good surplus sources over there?

Regards, Neil    Tucson, AZ