Bridgeport Wheel

To: "Bob Jepson" <bobbyhotrods@comcast.net>
Subject: Bridgeport Wheel
From: "John Burk" <joyseydevil@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 10:32:39 -0400
  I'm starting to make more use of my bridgeport/english wheel . The track
roller that McMaster calls radiused face is almost flat but it was easy to
shape it with a my 4" grinder while it spun in the lathe . I smoothed the
faces of the roller and the big caster with the grinder with a scotchbrite
wheel . I'm going to get another track roller and put less radius in it to get
a smoother finish where the tighter radius isn't needed . One bungy cord
looped around somthing with both hooks on the ram handle at various points
seems to give the right pressure .
John Burk joyseydevil@comcast.net