Re: Salt Report

To: "" <albaugh_neil@ti.com>
Subject: Re: Salt Report
From: Doug Odom <dlodom@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 16:27:45 -0700
Neil, I remember one time at Riverside Raceway back in the 60's when a
jackrabbit ran out onto the track. He stopped right in the middle of the
track just passed turn 4 and didn't know what to do. They started the
big bore production cars and my friend Dick Guldstrand in a Corvette was
leading when he came around turn 4 about 120 mph, the rabbit jumped
straight up in the air and Dicks car went under him. He came down and
got off the track before the next car had a chance to hit him. Someone
got a picture of it and it was on the front page of the Los Angeles
Times. The AP picked up the picture and sent it all over the world. Dick
got hundreds of letters from all over the world wanting to know if the
rabbit was OK.   Doug Odom in big ditch