Re: Pit roof

To: "Jon Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Pit roof
From: "Jim Dincau" <jdincau@qnet.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 18:49:33 -0700
Jon,
      Look at the pictures taken in inspection on the SCTA-BNI web site. The
canopies have been developed over many years of windy conditions at El
Mirage and Bonneville. The tubing we use is 1 inch EMT conduit in 10 foot
lengths for the top and 8 foot lengths for the legs. Do a google search for
canopy fittings, here is the first one I found http://tarps.com/chrome2.htm
. Make your canopy FLAT TOPPED, that way it doesn't act like a wing in the
wind. Stake down every post foot and stake and guy with rope every top
fitting, with this setup the emt conduit is plenty strong. Water pipe is
just too heavy.
Jim in Palmdale

!