66 GTO

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: 66 GTO
From: RACE427@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 23:17:01 EDT
Just like to express my sincere appreciation to all who e  mailed me about my
66 GTO with the 427 BB Chevy.  Sold the car today for  what I wanted to
obtain.

   It was most enjoyable speaking with you via  e-mail.   The GTO meant alot
to me as I owned it for 33 yrs. and  really learned how to build one HOT
427-450 hp big block.  How to Hot Rod  Big Block Chevys was my Bible as a young
kid
of 19-24 yrs old.

   Now if I could find a nice old Corvette for sale  I might have a chance to
feel like a young punk kid again!!   LOL

   Some of you might remember when I wrote a few  years back, how I dreamed
about Bonneville when I read books about the Salt  Flats as a high school
student way back in 1968-71.  Need to understand  that I attended what was the
largest Automotive High School in the USA at that  time.

   Brooklyn Automotive High School in  NYC

   Someday I will make it to Bonneville to see all  of you run and I can
guarantee the hairs on my arms will be on end and the goose  bumps will be
there
for all to see.  Hey,  anyone need a driving  partner to the Flats next year?
Clean driver's license!!!  LOL   Can even turn wrenches!!!

   Thanks again!!!    ttys    Tony Greco  LI,NY