Fire Extinguisher

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fire Extinguisher
From: "Bob & Bobe" <rbeefmst@brightok.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:13:43 -0500
I have a good full ten lb. Halon fire bottle.  The Fire Bottle people in
Indiana say that will not certify it because the bottle is older and does not
have a DOT stamp on it so they can't ship it.  The weight of the bottle full
is on the label, the fire bottle people tell me all I need to do is get
someone to certify the weight as per the label and that should be good.  I
have check all the fire extinguisher companies in the OKC area and none of
them are willing to certify the weight.  Has anybody got any idea of another
type of company or organization that can certify the weight?  It means $500 if
I can't get it certify.