THE REAL UNIVERSE--NON LSR

To: "LAND-SPEED @ AUTOX.TEAM .NET" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: THE REAL UNIVERSE--NON LSR
From: "Joe Lance" <jolylance@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 22:46:47 -0400
Too neat and mind-boggling---just have to share it!

The old National Magnet Lab (from our old MHD programs), now located at
Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida has put up a very interesting
page on their site. It begins as a view of the Milky Way Galaxy viewed from a
distance of 10 million light years and then Zooms in towards Earth in powers
of ten. 10 million, to one million, to 100,000 light years and then it finally
reaches a large Oak tree and then goes all the way down to quarks (but not
enough definition to tell what "flavor" they are--damn!).

Once you click on the site, the software does all the work. Sit back and
imagine how perfect our universe is! You can play it forward and backward to
be amazed over and over. At the end it says AUTO....click on that and review
the process in reverse!

http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/primer/java/scienceopticsu/powersof10/index.html

Lance