[no subject]

To: "<land-speed@autox.team.net> Subject": land-speed@autox.team.net
From: Sparky <wmtsmith@landracing.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:50:09 -0500
Inspectors HONEY DO LIST:

1. make movable bulkheads to plug the chute tubes for optimum spring
pressure for pilot chute launch.

2 modify seat back for shoulder strap clearance and make new bracket
for 7th strap for a more straight line pull.

3. steering stops that keep tires completely off body panels--ie. flop
over is not the only issue

4. steering wheel atachment point should not be butt welded--either
x-ray or change to a quick release type shaft attachment.  Change tilt
away set up to system that securely hold 360 degs. when in steering
position.

5. seperate chute deployment cables or encase them by eng and transmission.

6. metal clamp fire nozzels (so that they cant be moved by casual
debris if I have a catastropic failure and seal all bulkhead holes ( I
wasn't through running all wires from instruments.. New fire bottle
inspection sticker for the log books.

7. Relocate fuel cell inside the main frame rails---it was mounted
behind the rear axel inside superstructure not frame rails---I will
relocate it just in front of the eng--so that I can run a mechanical
fuel pump..

8 Relocate the fire bottle cables from the canopy -- so that if I
loose the canopy in an accident I can still pull the fire bottle
cables.

9 120 deg. visibility---I will eventually probabaly have to get a new
canopy--we reached a compromise for now of installing new Lexan panels
in the sides corners of my canopy---they are very concerend about this
especially at El Mirage..

10.  I have two lower rear frame rails that are not structural --I
will be tying them to the upper rails by installing a new tubing
diagonal brace

we had a protracted discussion about the chute attachment points---I
am just very uncomfortable about mounting them above the centerline of
the Axel-- untill I know how they are going to fly..

About 15- to 20 issues some minor --several fairly major

I recomend that if all possible get a PRE-INSPECTION--before a meet
that you are planing to try to run--

I made notes in my log book Notes and Comments page--and noted the
inspectors---not legal but it sure helps to prod my memory if I am
trying to resoleve issues in the future..

Again thanks to the five Inspectors who took the time to give it a
really thourough going over---

I appreciate that the inspectors looked at the car based on where I
hope to be speed wise-- and that I will run in the dirt at El
Mirage---this influnces prudent judgemnt

NOW back to Work if I want to be ready for B'Ville..

  "Sparky"
Lakester 2211