Tuesday's Mess...not a significant day at all!

To: "land-speed@autox.team.net" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuesday's Mess...not a significant day at all!
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:19:51 -0700
Well, out to the shop around 8 am. Opened up and started thinking about
what to do. GAry came over and we discussed what we thought needed to be
done regarding his car. He has a far better chance of getting his going
than I do, so we try to apply more attention to his steed. It seemed to
be working and it was started several times. However, what we don't know
about accel efi systems would fill an encylopedia. We guessed a lot and
missed most of the time. Timing and fuel are the issues right now, I
think (and that is a stretch because I am finding out I do not know
squat about this. Where is that carb..hack I didn't know much about
carbs either come to think about it).

Regarding WFSWB. I reset the static timing to 10 degrees BTDC. I used
the throttle stop screw to open up the throttle as far as the screw
could go since I do not have the IAC (idle air controller) on or
working. Testerday I had reinstalled the small injectors and plugged one
of the big air holes (one maf sensor). Now I can get it to start failrly
reliably but it has symptoms of not hittting on al 8 cylinders. And it
will heat 12 gallons of water pretty quickly. I am contemplating putting
the IAC on if I can figure a way to plumb it to the TB. That would
undoubtedly help in starting and running. I was hoping for simple, not a
chance, I guess. In any case, it will run well enough for me to get the
TV system for the tranny set so I can finish up installing the blanket
and tunnel, the shifter, the wheels and tires, the seat, and of the jack
stands. Maybe I can do that tomorrow. MAybe..  Oh, I got some of the
trailer cargo lash down equipment today: the brake controller, the e
track hooks and a box full of d rings for the floor. I should get the
hitch components (14000 pound load leveling system tomorrow), then some
more goodies from Pace American. All I have to do then is put it all in
when I have custody of the trailer. So far to go...

In any case, wish us well regarding the shop activities,

mayf