Re: [Fwd: F1 on the Salt Flats!]

To: Want1937hd@aol.com, mjb@autox.team.net, land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: F1 on the Salt Flats!]
From: Dick J <lsr_man@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:46:29 -0700 (PDT)
If they're planning on just taking an F1 car, strapping on a chute, and running
it in F1 trim (tires and all), I think they'll find that Bonneville is a lot
different than LeMans!  They should talk to some of our "old-timers" and get
some technical advice before they go charging out there and end up having have
to go home with their tails between their legs.  Yeah, the car probably has a
250 MPH capability, but tires, downforce, etc would have to be significantly
re-calibrated for Bonneville.  I'll certainly be interested to see what they do.
Dick J
In East Texas

 Sell on Yahoo! Auctions  - No fees. Bid on great items.