Fire Bottle Delima

To: LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fire Bottle Delima
From: drmayf <drmayf@mayfco.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 19:22:53 -0700
Well, looking grim regards my fire bottle. Big nasty DOT note about
prison, death firing squad, fine, etc...if refilled. So... guess I will
bite the bullet and switch to cold fire. Now I have a question or 2 of
the list: how does a 10 pound halonbottle translate to the same
protection in cold fire. What I mean...does a cold fire bottle need to
be 20 gallons to get the same 10 pound halon protection? Are the bottle
the same size? Seems like halon is heavier than water so a 10 pound
system wold have to be larger... In the dark here. Looked on Deist's new
web page and it is for shit in that when you click on fire systems, you
get nozzles and that's all.  So I am looking for information.

My rationale for changing to cold fire is that my car is open and halon
will very rapidly dissapate where as a water based liquid system will
wet me down and stayy with me and not dissapate. Make sense? Does to me
but whadda I know... There is at least one among you who knows...tell me..

mayf