Re: M/C tire age

To: "Jon Wennerberg" <jon@infodestruction.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: M/C tire age
From: "Benn" <karhu@california.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 11:07:36 -0700
Not certain about bike tires, but light truck and passenger car tires
are "sorta" coded by the last three  numbers in the sequence after "DOT"
by week of the year and last digit of year.  Hence DOTxxxxxx025 would
mean it was built second week of 2005, 1995, or 1985.  That's why I say
"sorta" coded.  I vaguely recall that of late they might have changed to
a four-digit code so at least you know which friggin' decade the tire
was made.  I'll let you know if I find out more.  OTOH, maybe a google
search will get what you need.
Benn