Pearls of wisdom from Alabama ( some but dang little worthwhile

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Pearls of wisdom from Alabama ( some but dang little worthwhile
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 08:32:22 -0500
    Just a couple of notes I've collected in the last couple of days... or
Month as the case maybe...

1.  Installing a Motor that has been previously installed is NEVER easy...
it's not a snap... you will be missing something... and normally it will be
the most critical hand made bit... like say the injector cover that holds the
hood scoop in place... Don't sweat it thou... it only has 8 precise injector
holes for the stacks... three fittings under it and holds the hood scoop off
your face while underway.  Keep in mind I don't live in LA.. and finding 1/4"
thick Aluminum makes a serious scavenger hunt look like Childs play.

2.  Attaching the Mig ground when tig welding... (while interesting and giving
credit for the thought of hooking up a ground in the first place)... won't
produce adequate arch to weld with... The upside is that if you've done it
often enough finding the problem won't take all day...

3.  I'm sorry but I just have to pass along this last little bit of wisdom
gained in hindsight.... While Traveling in Los Angles... don't drink more Diet
Coke then you can contain for the entire day .... if you do there is a high
probability of a traffic jam where you won't be able to get off the freeway
for an extended period of time.... and when you do... it might not be in a
part of town that understands the word " BATHROOM" and adding " NOW " won't
add any excitement of the proprietor of the stop and rob involved...  The Keys
to the bathrooms are highly over rated by the way.... especially when they
have a dipsty dumpster to hide behind.

I'm going back to work... but even slaves have to take a break now and
again.... Yep that's right.... I can't be fired..... SLAVES GOTTA BE SOLD....

Keith