Re: pre entry for sale

To: <Flowbench@aol.com>, <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: pre entry for sale
From: "Rick Byrnes" <rick@rbmotorsports.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 23:00:12 -0400
Thanks Mike, and everyone else for your encouragement.  I am in from the
garage just now and the car is almost ready to go testing. (exactly as it
will race.) but I can't do Speedweek for other reasons as well.  I will try
to explain.  In late June, I had a lesson in life when my best friend died
rather young.  Just retired three years ago and was just beginning to enjoy
things and have FUN.  The lesson of course is enjoy while we can and have
fun at everything we do.  In the past my LSR efforts have been too focused
to just enjoy the companionship of SPEED. Oh I made records and went fairly
fast, and enjoyed my accomplishments, but not necessarily the trip to those
results.  This is the part of my life that I am trying to change.  Enjoy the
entire process.
My friends that consistently help in the shop here can not attend Speedweek
this year for many different reasons, My son Jim in Colorado Springs cant be
there.  My ace calibrator and council Brian can only support for the first
three days of the week.  In short all the people that mean a lot to me wont
be there to work and enjoy.  (not withstanding all you folks of course)
It won't be FUN, as I now define things, and will not be respectful to those
that do help on a regular basis when I really need it.  I prefer to defer to
the later meets and enjoy going fast with MY team.
I know I can pick up people that will help, but it just won't be the same.
I found last year that the new car requires more crew, and much more
discipline than the coupe did. and it is time to go fast with it.  I really
need to go fast this year.
I'm not sure I am explaining this well, but I am doing what I think is
correct for us this year.  Glenys and I will miss being at the "circus" and
certainly will miss many of you guys, but God willing we will be there next
SpeedWeek.  Meanwhile World Finals is the plan.  All my crew can attend and
we should be in great shape to RENT some records.
In the meantime I have hotel rooms at Montego Bay beginning Thursday night.
Anyone want them call.  I will do a name change and they are yours.  313
5626253.  Not now, tomorrow.  :=d
I hope you all have a successful meet, and enjoy the companionship of speed.

Rick