NON - LSR : Just motoring through Texas ..........

To: land-speed@autox.team.net
Subject: NON - LSR : Just motoring through Texas ..........
From: FastmetalBDF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 23:15:24 EDT
------  Drinking and Driving, Texas Style  ------

>From the  State where drunk driving is considered a sport, comes this
( supposedly )true story:

Recently a routine police patrol parked  outside a bar in Bandera, Texas.

After last call the officer noticed a  man leaving the bar so intoxicated
that he could barely walk.

The man  stumbled around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the
officer quietly  observing.

After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five  different
vehicles, the man managed to find his car which he fell  into.

He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left  the bar
and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on  and off (it was a fine,
dry summer night).

He flicked the blinkers  on, then off a couple of times, honked the horn
and then switched on the  lights.

He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and  then
remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other
patron vehicles left.

At last, the parking lot empty, he pulled out  of the parking lot and
started to drive slowly down the road.

The  police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up
the  patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man
over and carried out a breathalyzer test.

To his amazement the  breathalyzer indicated no evidence of the man having
consumed any alcohol at  all!

Dumbfounded, the officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to
the police station. This breathalyzer equipment must be broken."

"I  doubt it," said the truly proud Texan. "Tonight I'm the designated
decoy".