Re: salt talks

To: "list LSR <land-speed@autox.team.net>From": "Wester Potter"
Subject: Re: salt talks
From: "Tom Shannon" <saltfevr@mail.sisna.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:40:30 -0600
From: Wester Potter <wester6935@comcast.net>
Date:  Tue, 16 Aug 2005 06:57:12 -0600

>I arrived at the bend in the road with the grill, Sunday at 5:00.  When
>Jon and Nancy showed up I first heard about John Beckett's crash.  Tom
>Shannon and his wife were the course workers closest to the site and
>were the first on the scene.  They can report what they want on the
>incident.  Needless to say it put a damper on the evening in a way.
>Scott Guthrie gave a nice tribute to John and a rousing cheer to let
>John know we loved and cared about him.
>
>The crowd for the "donation only" food was HUGE.  Jon brought 100
>pasties and they, with everything else on the table and grill,
>disappeared.  Lots of people there, new faces, old faces, everyone
>welcome and lots of bench racing, sadness and joy.

Yes Wes,sadness & joy prevailed Sunday evening well into dark. I only met John
Beckett once when he unveiled that beautiful flat gray Hondaliner at World of
Speed inspection line in 2003. John was definately everything that has been
mentioned ,by his many longtime friends. Scott Guthrie, I thank you Sir for
your needed words which came so comforting to all of us Sun. nite. God Speed
John. You knew your Maker.

>Tom Shannon
Magna, Utah

SISNA...more service, less money.