water on saltflats...not on course yet.

To: "autox" <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: water on saltflats...not on course yet.
From: "Ellen Wilkinson" <gary_ellen@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 10:12:23 -0600
Hi folks, please see www.saltflats.com<http://www.saltflats.com/> U.S.F.R.A.
officials were on the salt August 28th.  Yes there is water at the end of the
road.  We fired up a drag truck and went up around the dyke to the course.
There is an official response and some links to pictures of the end of the
road and pictures of the drag deployed on the course.  We will make a final
determination next weekend.
My personal observation was that there was more daylight under the drag truck
coming through the water at the end of the day versus when it came in earlier
in the day.
Gary & Ellen Wilkinson
Utah Salt Flats Racing Association
World of Speed, Sept 14 - 17, 2005 (Wed. - Sat.)
See you on the Salt!