Re: fuel? Non-LSR

To: Skip Higginbotham <Saltrat@lubricationdynamics.com>
Subject: Re: fuel? Non-LSR
From: Jon Wennerberg <jon@infodestruction.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:38:58 -0400
On Friday, September 2, 2005, at 12:21 PM, Skip Higginbotham wrote:

> Joyce is travelling in Russia with her mother and they report that gas
> is
> $3.00/gal there all over......they just run small cars and bikes.
> She'll be
> back in the US today so we'll see what they say about what we have.
> Skip

My dad lives in Austria, my sister in Switzerland - and they both have
told me about $4-5/gallon fuel for ages, so I'm not all that surprised
by it here.  Pay what I have to pay, don't complain too much because
the world's supply is finite.  I might cut back on driving, though. . .
  Dad also reports they skimp on some stuff and keep driving.  Didya
know that in some European countries the traffic lights go from red to
yellow then green?  You're required to shut off the motor on red, and
when it turns yellow you restart - then go on green.

But Dad also mentions that lube oil is about $15/quart!  Yeow, that'd
sting...  I bought 15 gallons of Rotella ( about three changes for our
trucks) this morning.  It won't go stale.

                 Jon Wennerberg
Seldom Seen Slim Land Speed Racing
              Marquette, Michigan
              (that's 'way up north)